You can register for an upcoming Tire Rack Street Survival Teen Driving School by completing the on-line application process – there are two steps to completing this process:
- Read and electronically sign (during registration) the school waiver:
- Does not apply to students aged 18 and older
- If the student is under 18 years old, you must download a copy of this waiver before electronically signing it
- Select the Street Survival school to enroll in
- Complete the registration form, provide credit card information and send payment (school fee is $75 per student)
- How do I know if there are openings available in a particular school? We keep the school open for registration even if the class if full. When the class is full if you complete the registration process you will be placed on the waitlist. There is no charge for this. We typically have a few cancellations for every school. Once you are on the waitlist and if you do not get in to that school you are in our database and will receive an email from us when the next class opens within 100 miles of you zip code. Please DO NOT call asking if there spots available. Due to the phone call volume we receive we will not be able to return these calls.
Student Driver Permit Requirements
Permitted drivers will be allowed in the Street Survival program IF:
1) All conditions of the permit can be met in a safe manner, i.e. if the permit requires a licensed driver in the car at all times. These state requirements are intended for driving on public roads. All of our schools do NOT drive on public roads so this requirement does not apply. BUT a coach will be in the car with the students whenever they are behind the wheel. If a parent is required to be in the car in addition to this, then this student will not be allowed as it would require a passenger in the back seat of the car and that is considered too hazardous for the exercises in the school, and sometimes it is physically impossible.
2) The driver must be a minimum of 15 years old (regardless of the minimum age for the state issuing the permit) and have had a permit for a minimum of ½ the time required by the state holding jurisdiction over that permit, (not the state that the school is located in) i.e. if the permit must be held for 6 months before the driver can take their driving test, then the student must have had the permit a minimum of 3 months. We recommend that they have driven at least 25 hours before coming to the class.
If you have a minor registered, please click here for the waiver.
|11/22/14||Richmond Raceway Complex||Richmond, VA|
|11/22/14||Pacific Raceways||Kent, WA|
|01/10/15||Dakota Co. Tech. College||Rosemount, MN|