Requirements for the Car Being Brought to the Teen Safety School
1. See the FAQ page for rules regarding vehicle type restrictions (SUV and high center of gravity vehicles)
2. The car must be in good mechanical condition and safe in the opinion of the instructor and there will be a brief safety inspection of the car before it is allowed to participate.
3. The car used at the event must be a legally registered, licensed and insured to participate. We will not accept any race cars or special use vehicles into the school.
4. The use of Nitrous Oxide will not be allowed in any vehicle so equipped. Our instructors will verify the bottle is turned off during the entire event.
5. No visible leaks of any kind.
6. The tires must have visible tread and not worn to or beyond the wear bars.
7. All four tires must have the recommended pressure as listed in the Owners manual for the car. Do NOT over inflate the tires past the recommended pressures. The pressures listed on the side wall of the tire is the MAXIMUM pressure, not the recommended pressure (this is a good way for the parent to teach the teen how to fill the tires and to check them regularly).
8. The car, including the trunk, must be cleaned of all loose items before participating. Please remove these items before coming to the school. If loose items are in the vehicle the morning of the school they will be removed and set outside of the car until the end of the day.
9. The battery and spare tire must be secure.
10. Have plenty of gas in the car for the day’s event.
Suggestions for the Students Attending the School
1. See the FAQ page for rules regarding age requirements and vehicle type restrictions (SUV and high center of gravity vehicles).
2. Shoes must be closed toe, no sandals. We recommend running or tennis shoes.
2. Hat, sunglasses, bug spray, sunscreen, rain gear, jeans or shorts are acceptable.
3. Lunch will be provided by the school for all students and parents. Plenty of water will be available.
4. Dress comfortably, plan on it being either hot or cold or wet and dress accordingly – check the local weather report the night before the event, this suggestion is for the student’s comfort. The event goes on rain or shine.
5. Bring an open mind, with an attitude and willingness to learn.